Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goin' Huntin"

Good morning friends and happy November!  It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away and Christmas a month after that!  Are you a "planner" and have everything under control, or do you wait till the last minute to get holiday things done?  I have always been a planner, with most things bought, and some things even wrapped by now (old habit to keep Caitlin from peeking!!).  Last night though, it hit me I haven't done much of anything but make cards...oh well, at least I've been happy! (a true stamper would totally understand this! :0)

Anyway, on to today's card.  I totally wish I could take credit for this card, as I just love it and can't even bear to send it to someone, but the credit goes to my SU demonstrator Stephanie.  It really is one of the most beautiful fall and "male" cards I have ever made:



It's been over a year (maybe 2??) since we made this, so I'm guessing at the colors here, but I think the base of the card is SU's Really Rust, then a Very Vanilla layer, and then Early Expresso before the actual stamped image.  The set we used is SU's "Autumn Days" (which hadn't even been on my "wish list" to buy, but totally had to buy that night after making this card...thanks Steph!!).  We placed a circle near the upper right hand corner and then started spongeing from light to dark (I think...a year's a LONG time ago!).  I'm guessing again here, but I think we used SU's So Saffron, More Mustard, & either Really Rust (which is retired) or Cajun Craze. The pheasant and sentiment were stamped with Early expresso and the wheat with either Soft Seude, or Early Expresso stamped off once before stamping on the actual card.  The berries were done with Cherry Cobbler.  A little hole punching in the 2 corners and a Antique Brad, and the card was done.  Isn't it Beautiful?!!!  I just LOVE the colors!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back with a few more fall looking cards before we start in on more Christmas again. 


2 comments:

Sue said...

I love this stamp set!

Stephanie said...

Oh, this is one of my favorite cards ever! You did such a good job on yours, Marcia!