Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Treat Favors

Good morning friends.  I have a couple Halloween treat favors to share with you today. 



Are these cute, or what?!! :0)  I wish I could take credit for these, but they are definitely CASE'd!  The ghost treat box idea came from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts (you can link to her blog from the sidebar under "Blogs that I Follow").  The pumpkin treat holder has been on many blogs the past couple years, so I can't tell you who the origonal creator was, but obviously someone who can think outside the box! :0)  I put my own spin on both of these and you can easily make your own too.

To start, I used the Paper Trey Ink "Pillow Box" die with SU's "Only Orange" (retired color) card stock for the pumpkin (and stamped "Boo all over before decorating), and black "Coordinations" card stock for the ghost.  To cut out the ghost shape, I used a small Spellbinders square label die first and then a Spellbinders circle die placed right over the top edge of the square label die.  For the pumpkin, I just used a little bit larger Spellbinders circle die.  Once your shapes are cut out (and before you assemble the Pillow Box), cut a small piece of clear acetate that will fit behind the cut out, and attach using sticky strip (regular adhesive doesn't hold too well).  At this point, you can stamp the faces using black Stazon ink (I used Paper Trey Ink's "Halloween Treats & Sweets" stamp set).  I did a little sanding on the ghost holder...this is one of the great things you can do with Coordinations card stock to make it look distressed.  The holder is now ready to put together and decorate.  I just added a simple "Boo" to the ghost using SU's 1 1/4" circle punch (orange), 1 3/8" circle punch (white), and the scallop punch (black) and attached using a pop dot.  For the pumpkin, I just tied a piece of sheer black ribbon (Michael's), and added 3 green (SU's Green Galore) leafs using the Martha Stewart leaf (or twig...I'm not really sure what you call it...just know I love it and use it a lot!) punch.

I'm going to fill the ghost holder with "Bit o Honey's" for my daughter Colleen (her favorite!!) and the pumpkin with "Jelly Belly Sunkist Tangerine" jelly beans for my youngest Calla (she loves all the fruity candy!). 

I know my instructions seem a little long (that's just cause I'm long winded!!), but these treat holders are very quick and easy to make and are also very adaptable to any of the holidays...I hope you'll give them a try! :0)

Thanks again for stopping by...I love it when you do!! :0)    

1 comment:

Sue said...

These are adorable!