Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Anniversary Card

Good morning everyone!  Today I am celebrating 25 years of marriage with my husband Chris, and thought I would share with you the card and gift packaging I made.  Here is the card:



I am really into using kraft card stock and embossing folders lately...I LOVE the distressed look!  This card uses Stampin' Up's "Lots of Love" Letter Press Plate (I believe this is a retired item now) and "Under the Stars" stamp set.  This grizzly bear just cracks me up and I tend to use him a lot on male cards.  I used the letter press plate in my Cuttlebug and then sponged it with Stampin' Up's Soft Seude ink.  I also stamped the bear in the Soft Seude and then layered it with Soft Seude card stock.  The sentiment I typed on the computer and is printed on vellum.  I added copper colored brads to the four corners to dress it up a little.

My husband is an extreme dark chocolate lover, and so I "dressed up" a few of the Lindt chocolate bars that he loves with more of the kraft card stock.


The smaller package is a piece of card stock cut at 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 and scored at 2", 2 1/2", 6", 6 1/2" and then stamped with the star and bear from the "Under the Stars" set.  The package on the right is a full sheet of card stock (8 1/2 x 11) and scored at 2 1/4" and 6 1/4" on the short side.  I then stamped the number "25" using my Versa Mark pad and the star stamp again with the Soft Seude ink.  I tried to crimp the ends but it didn't work too well because of the thickness of 2 layers of card stock.  I also used Bakers Twine from The Twinery (color is "Flax") on my card and the packages.

Thanks for checking in again today...I love it when you do! :-) 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Love the card and the wrapping for the chocolate! Again, congratulations on 25 years! Such a wonderful accomplishment!!!

Stephanie said...

I like the letterpress look with these colors!